Not all ESPs are the same. Your ESP may or may not be unsubscribing your bounced subscribers after three or four or whatever consecutive bounces.
So a quick post here to start a conversation. I really want to hear from you on this. I’m curious as to what your ESP’s settings are and whether or not you can change them.
Here’s the issue. If your send frequency is only one or two per month and your ESP doesn’t unsubscribe bounces until an address bounces 3 or 4 times in a 30- or 45-day time frame, the bounces will never be unsubscribed. You’ll continue to see your bounce rate increase and your email reputation will eventually suffer.
Do you know what your default setting is? Can you change it? Have you? And after you read this, do you know what to do?
Comment below and let me know what your settings are.
- Hurting/Helping Your Brand With Unsubscribe Process
- Key Decisions When Setting up a New Email Service Provider Account
- How to Manage Your Email Reputation
- Top 10: Improve Email Deliverability and Response
- Case Study: Avoiding Spam Filters. Simple Fixes for Your Emails
Posted: April 1st, 2010
at 4:27pm by Rob Van Slyke
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.